COMING DECEMBER 5, 2019
You want more networking?
This is what real connection is all about.
One-on-one opportunities to connect with the best in the business.
Zero Waste East includes the highest level attendees including CEOs, policymakers and investors to forge new relationships, cement existing ones and do some real deals!
Zero Waste Summits
Invitation-only events driven by pre-scheduled face-to-face meetings between the most senior level decision-makers from government, corporations, NGOs, waste experts and investors. Our events provide thought provoking roundtable and panel discussions. The outcome are focused knowledge exchange, high-level relationship building and increased brand awareness and investment opportunities.
“I made many valuable contacts at the meeting, including Scott Donachie the CEO/ Founder of Companies for Zero Waste and look forward to working with many of them on-going.
I learned a lot about the composting efforts in cities large and small. These efforts are key to our strategy for circular product design.
Food and facilities were good and public transportation access was great!
I look forward to a future conference to assess progress toward a circular economy and zero waste.”
Director, Sustainability & Authenticity at Seventh Generation, Inc.
“Zero Waste East provided productive insights and discussions on the challenges and opportunities to turn waste into a resource. While it may seem daunting, it is possible if we work together.”
Commissioner Recycling and Sustainability
NYC Department of Sanitation (DSNY)
“Zero Waste East has emerged at the right place at the right time as we need to seriously re-imagine our relationship with waste. It brings together all of the right people with topical conversations that will leave you inspired and ready to change the world.”
CEO and founder of TerraCycle
“Zero Waste East was an exceptional gathering of public and private sector professionals from highly diverse backgrounds with a common passion for a more sustainable planet. Sincere congratulations to Scott and his team for effectively connecting people and companies striving toward the goal of zero waste and a circular economy. This conference represented a strong beginning toward establishing a cooperative network of change-agents.”
Vice President of Operations Bayshore Family of Companies
Former Chief of Staff New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection
Zero Waste East Roundtable Discussions
December 5, 2019
142 Lafayette Street
Newark, New Jersey 07105
- Zero Waste best practices for developers, tenants, landlords, haulers and building managers in the North East.
- Designing green infrastructure must include the return of water to its original water source.
- New IRS Tax Benefits for 2020 are coming -Reduce overall building project expenses through avoided purchase/disposal costs, and the donation of recovered materials to qualified 501(c)(3) charities, which provides tax benefits.
- From permitting to operational, when is the right time to invest in projects?
- Are capital markets designed to take on investing risks into clean energy?
- There is urgency in finding the means to manage municipal wastes, Waste-to-energy could pose a practical solution if scaled correctly.
- Investors need clear models since traditional capital markets are not designed to take on risk.
- What successful Public-Private Partnerships look like.
Clare Miflin, AIA, LEED AP BD+C
Certified Passive House Designer, Certified Biomimicry Professional
Founder, President & CEO of Antos Environmental, a mission-driven corporation that drives environmental initiatives in industry throughout the world.
Zero Waste East-2020 Summit
Coming April 2020!
NJIT Newark, NJ
Five Themes from
First-ever Zero Waste East Conference
Our imagination is the only limit to what we can hope to have in the future.