ZERO WASTE EAST
Newark, NJ • September 24-25, 2019
This meeting will accelerate public-private partnerships by bridging the gap between policymakers, corporations and municipalities.
Join Us For This Two Day Symposium!
N.J.I.T. ( New Jersey Institute of Technology)
AGILE STRATEGY LAB
211 Warren St, Newark, NJ 07103
When you register for Zero Waste East plan on enjoying the benefits of networking, panel discussions, and workshops with 260+ sustainability directors and policymakers.
Register for one day or all access two days.
Day one covers waste.
Day two covers renewable energy.
Corporate 1 DayDay 1 Waste or Day 2 Energy
- Early Bird Special $399 (Ends May 31st)
Corporate 2 DayDay 1 Waste - Day 2 Energy
- Early Bird Special $699 (Ends May 31st)
Govt/Non-ProfitMust show ID at registration
- Enjoy a safe forum to discuss mutual challenges and share solutions.
Topics & Speakers
Waste (Day 1)
- The Zero-Landfill Initiative
- Next Generation Packaging – Rethinking Packaging Towards a More Circular Economy LOOP – Circular Delivery Service
- Banned in China – “Mixed paper & plastics, finding a new home”
- Circular Economy and Chemicals
- A Panel of Powerful Women in Sustainability
- Integrating Waste into Circular Carbon Economy – Waste should be treated as resource
- Composting “The importance of composting and organic recycling”
- Food Waste – “How to reduce food waste in the supply chain”
Energy (Day 2)
- What can we learn from Europe?
- New Jersey’s Clean Energy Plan – Policymakers Discuss 2030/2050 goals
- Bringing energy-efficiency to residents and businesses
- “But it is too expensive”- Barriers and solutions to market acceptance of green building and sustainability. Hear from the top architectural firms
- From circular cities to smart cities – What data driven urban planning can accomplish.
- Solar Power- Need for revision, laws and regulations, compensation methods, solar credits are not working. What changes are needed?
- Offshore Wind- Opportunities for renewable energy goals- Long & Complex Ocean planning. Onshore transmission grids. The need for NY and NJ to collaborate.
- Electric Vehicles – Charging Infrastructure /EV Adoption
- Zero Waste City Tops Panel – “A New Perspective on Urban Greene”
Founder and CEO of TerraCycle
Tom Szaky is founder and CEO of TerraCycle, a global leader in the collection and repurposing of complex waste streams. TerraCycle operates in 21 countries, working with some of the world’s largest brands, retailers and manufacturers to create national platforms to recycle products and packaging that currently go to landfill or incineration.
In January 2019, TerraCycle and 25 top consumer products companies and retailers announced a new e-commerce shopping platform called Loop that will enable consumers to shop for some of their favorite brands in durable, reusable packaging. Launching in May, Loop is a key step in helping to end the epidemic of waste that is caused by ‘single use’ consumption.
Tom and TerraCycle have received hundreds of social, environmental and business awards and recognition from a range of organizations including the United Nations, World Economic Forum, Schwab Foundation, Fortune Magazine and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
Tom is the author of four books, “Revolution in a Bottle” (2009), “Outsmart Waste” (2014), “Make Garbage Great” (2015) and “The Future of Packaging” (2019). Tom created, produced and starred in TerraCycle’s reality show, “Human Resources” which aired on Pivot from 2014-2016 and is syndicated in more than 20 foreign markets on Amazon and iTunes.
Brendan W. Gill
New Jersey Freeholder President
CEO of SUEZ North America
Deputy Commissioner, Recycling and Sustainability at NYC Department of Sanitation (DSNY)
Robert F. Lurie
Former EVP New York Power Authority
President and General Counsel, DSM North America
Founder of One Step In Foundation (1Si) and Founder / CEO of the Newpoint Companies,
Director, Sustainability Programs at Johnson Controls
Senior Vice President & Global Head of SAP Next-Gen, a Purpose Driven Innovation University and Community
CEO of The Recycling Partnership
Director of Corporate Sustainability and Social Impact, Novo Nordisk
Neil Seldman, Ph.D
President, Institute for Local Self-Reliance
Director of Sustainability, NYC Dept of Education
We Have the Power to Impact Our Future, and We’re Doing Something About It
CEOs, Federal & State Policymakers, Mayors, Heads of Corporate Sustainability, Heads of Corporate Energy, Academia, Impact & ESG Investors.
An invitation-only event driven by pre-scheduled face-to-face business meetings between pre-qualified solution providers and the most senior level decision-makers. Thought provoking workshops, panel discussions, and innovative networking opportunities round out the agenda, resulting in two days of focused knowledge exchange, high-level relationship building, and structured business development.
Partners & Sponsors
Zero Waste East
A forum for policy makers and companies of all sizes to share best practices in moving from a linear economy to a circular economy while generating higher economic returns. Register today!
Our imagination is the only limit to what we can hope to have in the future.- Charles Kettering